We follow Jesus, love others, and share hope.
Hillside Church is a place that is safe, a place where individuals become new through their relationship with Jesus, and a place where individuals are sent out to the world to spread the gift Jesus has offered to all.
We believe that:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the basis for faith and practice.
- God eternally exists in unity and trinity as equal persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is fully human and fully divine.
- All people are sinful, but eternal salvation is uniquely possible for all through faith in Jesus Christ who died for us, was raised by God from the dead, and is coming again.
- The Holy Spirit works to bring people to salvation and is a renewing presence and power in the life of the believer and the church.
- All people are made in the image of God. We believe in the equality and essential dignity of all people, and all are divinely gifted and called to develop and use their God-given gifts for the good of the church, home, and society.
- God calls all people to be his followers. All believers are disciples.
We are governed by Jesus Christ, who is the head of the church. This church is subject to no other ecclesiastical body. Although Hillside Church is autonomous, it is our church’s intention to cooperate with and support—for the purposes of doing ministry and mission—other Christian organizations it deems appropriate.